Forres is deservedly proud of its award winning floral sculptures & displays.
This is achieved by a team of enthusiastic volunteers who co-ordinate with Moray Councils Park & Gardens Department in a joint effort to display the town in its best possible light during the summer months.
Since their initial involvement in the Beautiful Scotland in Bloom’ competition in 1977 the towns enthusiasm has gained it many awards and led on to the awarding of the prestigious ‘Britain in Bloom’ Medium Town Trophy in 2004.
Although many see the public ornamental gardens as the face of Forres it should be remembered that these awards are a reflection of the whole town with very significant contributions from the local Primary & Secondary Schools and private residents alike.
It is a reflection of the town’s desire to project its best image that so many local organisations contribute by sponsoring the colourful displays that form part of the ornamental sculptures in the parks and open spaces.
The Forres in Bloom Association have ensured that Forres has been very successful in Floral Competitions over the last twenty years and have achieved the following awards.
Beautiful Scotland in Bloom Awards
- The Rosebowl – Overall Winner 1983, 1985, 1987
- Bruce Trophy – Small Town Winner 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996.
- Medium Town Trophy Winner – 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.
- Jim Murdie Trophie for Sustainability
- Linton Trophy – 1981, 1990
RHS Britain in Bloom
- UK Winners – 1982, 1986, 1989, 1999, 2008
- RHS Britain in Bloom Silver Gilt Award – 2005, town category
- RHS Britain in Bloom Silver Gilt Award – 2006, 2007,
- UK Keep Britain Tidy Trophy – 1979
- UK Landscape Trophy – 1984
- RHS Britain in Bloom Young People’s Award – Applegrove Primary School