Alasdair and Panny Laing stock their Farm and Garden Shop with the produce of their own farm (delicious Logie Longhorn beef), and plants propagated in the gardens at Logie House.
We stock locally produced food and that from further afield: we try to minimise the food miles but have to admit to being tempted by delicious food, not already widely available up here, which we feel will appeal to our customers. A selection of what you’ll find in the shop includes:
- Our own award winning Longhorn beef, naturally bred and raised at Logie, is specially prepared for the Farm shop. The beef from this traditional breed is hung for at least 3 weeks and the result is tender and succulent, and full of flavour – the taste of old-fashioned beef. The beef has been winning prizes: both the Rump Steak and the Topside has been awarded a Gold Star in the Great Taste Awards.
- Our own wild venison. Roe, and sometimes red deer, from Logie Estate is available in useful sized pieces for roasting, slicing into steaks etc. The sausages and veniburgers are hard to beat.
- Jams, biscuits, cakes, patés, cheeses etc – new products being sourced all the time.
- One new product which has been flying off the shelves is the Award winning Culisse Highland Rapeseed Oil. Recommended by Nigel Slater and Claire MacDonald, it is grown, pressed and bottled by Robert MacKenzie on his family farm in Easter Ross
- The Isle of Ewe Smokery fish is utterly delicious – a mild but tasty smoke allowing the succulent character of the fish to be appreciated. Smoked mackerel, hake, haddock and salmon