Marcassie Farm is run as an organic smallholding, with small flocks of sheep and hens (new laid free range eggs available).
The farm is also home to a number of small rural businesses and arts and crafts, including a bespoke carpentry business; and offers various training events in age-old skills such as cob building. The location is the outskirts of the small village of Rafford, near the Royal Burgh town of Forres, on the Moray Firth coast.
We offer accommodation in two self contained caravans, plus additional bed space in two huts from April to September. Eggs, fresh vegetables and herbs are available in season, and organic knitting yarn from our own Gotland cross Shetland sheep. We offer one to one sessions in basket making and wool work.
Our newly renovated cottages is very spacious, very comfortable and full of light. The accommodation comprises:
- Bedroom with double bed & single bed
- Open plan living area with double sofa bed
- Open plan fully equipped kitchen diner
- Dishwasher; Gas hob; Electric fan oven; Fridge/Freezer; Laundry facilities
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- Garden area & parking
- Central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels are all included