Burgreen House is situated in the Highland town of Forres.
Forres is situated on the A96 trunk route connecting the cities of Aberdeen and Inverness. The River Findhorn was originally crossed by fording near Waterford Farm. A Suspension Bridge was opened in 1831 to cross the river at the west end of the town. This bridge was replaced by the current bridge in 1938.
The A980 connects Forres with Grantown-
on- Spey, Aviemore and the south directly without the requirement of driving via Inverness. The B9011 connects Forres to RAF Kinloss and Findhorn Bay. Findhorn is well known for its beach, boats and is home to the Findhorn Foundation, a spiritual community.
Forres railway station is situated just outside of the town and is operated by First ScotRail. The town of Forres was once a junction in the Highland Railway network, travelling through Forres was once the quickest route to reach Inverness from the south. Originally the station had three platforms — two operating in the direction of Inverness and Aberdeen and a third operating a service to Grantown-
on- Spey, a service which was closed in the 1960s and now forms part of The Dava Way, a scenic footpath connecting the two towns.
Inverness Airport is approximately 30 minutes away by road and provides links mainly to other airports within the UK.